So, 80 something days left till GerRey is official! Scarey but yet its been long anticipated for. Seems like everyday is a new day or a another day crossed off but more things added to the list of what has to be done.
At first I imagined all major things to be done by end of nov, still possible but not at the rate of how things are going. At first I took the initiative on planning and booking and choosing all details that a bride would want for her wedding. Mind you there was only 6 months to prepare and now less then 3 months left! All major details are set and confirmed, all comments and opinions were all silent during this time but once its about crunch time... That's when everyone wanna say something. Its not a surprise it was expected but what is a surprise is the lack of help that one person is looking for from everyone!!!
So my title asks.. What makes a bride to be become a bridezilla so they call them? Is it just the bride? Is it the stresses that's put upon her? Is it the lack of help she needs? I don't know.. Maybe all of the above!
People underestimate the patience of a bride to be in preparation mode. Or let's make it in general... People underestimate event planners.
Its truely sad to say that at this point, I am not excited in planning this affair in reason being that there's no fun things involved, most things are being handled by myself, and you can not rely on ones you thought u could rely on. Sad to say but what can I do!? All I can do is do the best planning I can for my own wedding and hope that everyone enjoys that day.
I remember during the beginning stage, it made me realize how all this planning and fussing is about making your guests/family/friends happy and to make them enjoy the wedding. Question is, how bout the 2 main people who should be happy? Are they happy planning this even for you guys? Is the money and time and aggravation really worth it jus to make everyone happy? If it was up to me and my groom, we coulda been married 3 months ago and dodged all this stress factors!
Maybe its me, maybe its stress, maybe its just my way of thinking! But overall, the lesson I have learned from the past 3 weeks are... You will know how people get from their taste, their manners, their priorities, etc etc when they are all mixed into one. You start to see another side of them that makes you think twice of how they really value you as a person.
I have felt the lack of help and comfort from both family and friends during this preparation, all attention is all about the wedding and details for that day. People are forgetting the true meaning of what that day entails. But its ok that things happen the way it does because overall, after all this... One person that I will be with and I can count on is the person that I will be marrying that day... I may complain and bich about him with the things he does but overall, there is no doubt in my mind that he is the one that I wanna marry...
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment