Friday, July 25, 2008

The beginning of my story....

Hello Bloggers!
So i joined the bandwagon and opened up another blogging site! YAY! haha.... This although may differ from my original self blogging entries. I wanna give credit to *smiley* for giving me the idea of blogging about well.. Wedding planning.. hehe.. I enjoyed reading her entries and at that time, living up her wedding planning through her blogspot. After a few months, i wouldnt have known that I too, will open up a blogspot about MY wedding planning. LOL!

Anyways, let me say that to those who have heard or know, I am surely planning for a wedding in Jan. 23rd, 2009! I want to say thanks to those who have congratulated us/me about this exciting event! It surely is exciting yet tiring. Although i only have ummm less then 6months to prepare, i keep my strength and perserverance that God has given me in check. ( maybe lol)

So, lets start from the beginning..... =P

June 16th and June 25th 2008-
You're probably wondering what those 2 dates mean huh? Well let me give you a brief description. As i browse through a few engagement/wedding websites the first thing i look to see is the "story" of the proposal. Girls... since we were little girls we always dreamed of a Cinderella wedding and being swept by our feet with our prince charming. Or we dream of that one romantic moment when our "prince" would get down on one knee and wonder what words or actions he would use to ask your hand in marriage... Do we not?! So anyways, my relationship has always to me been a very unique but throughout the years and with God's help been a strong one. I always thought to myself , hmmm how would be propose?! hahah
June 16th-mutually decided....
That day after a long and repetitive conversation about a certain topic, we decided that we were ready to start a life together. We talked it out and figured after 8 and a half years of being together... maybe its time to take the next step. A few days passed and only him and I knew about it and still talked amongst ourselves until we were definitely ready. By the end of the week, we then slowly told our families.
June 25th- the ring....
After about a week and a half, our families knew about the engagement but not our friends. I being that with major decisions like this, i wanted everything to be ready and set before informing others. After a week of God's blessings and help, we were given a church to have our special day... actually 2 hahaha. June 25th, I had dinner with some friends, siblings, and cousins. I told myself this would be the best time to tell them, although my siblings knew already and couldn't keep it to themselves anymore hehe. It was a nice refreshing dinner along with a big announcement. I first pulled my cousin outside to tell her the news, though the beginning turned out differently, the ending turned out in tears hahah. Before we both went inside she asked me if anyone else knew and i said no but they will in a few mins. hahah....
We both sit down and started eating dinner, I was finding the right time to tell them then boom... I said " guys, i have something to tell you guys"..... of course you have your usual 2 comments. " You're pregnant, No, Your engaged" hahahah well one was correct! hahaha
After i announced the engagment, then off the story and planning questions....
Later on that evening, Gerald had text me asking if i was still planning on going to his house. I said as soon as i finish dinner i'll try to stop by. So, I went and got to his house with him waiting in the living room with his sister. I chatted for a few mins. with the sister-in-law to be about wedding planning and realizing that he already went outside and was waiting for me. (o ya he wanted to get some fresh"air" hahah) So we ended up driving around thinkin we would only drive around the block for "air". Next thing you know we're in Weehawken, in front of the Chart House. Being that it was 1030pm and him having work the next day, i already sensed something goin on. (back track a lil, June 16th, i decided that a ring was not important to me at this time considering alot was goin on... so i didn't expect one...) Anyways, he shuts off the car and heads off to one of the benches on the walkway. Something told me to leave my phone in the car and so i did. Walking and pacing and sitting back and forth on the bench.... got me thinking in my head... "OMG IS HE GONNA PROPOSE?!?" hahahah and sooo.. a quiet pause between us lingered while sitting on the bench.. He looked at me sayin, "soooo.... you're probably wondering why i took you here.." and i said" ya why are we here?" hahah then .... *cricket cricket* He tells me to close my eyes, which of course i had to question again why?... so he closed my eyes for me hahaha.... my heart was pounding, my mind running like 100miles an hr wondering what to say afterwards.. lol.. then he placed a box on my hand and said ok open your eyes. It was a white box with a gold bow on top. I looked at him and asked what is this? What did you get?! He tells me that this is to make things official!!!! I opened up to a beautiful 3 stoned princess cut ring with diamonds surrounding it all over! =) and then its history from there.... lmao

So.... that was my Cinderella story... not what i expected but after that night... i realized that i wouldn't have changed a thing... to me that was romantic because I knew that it was from his heart! People asked if he bent down on one knee and i say "no!" hahah its a very cliche thing to me not sayin that because he didn't do it but because its so out of the norm for a man to bend down on his knees, why not make it YOUR own style hahahah.... and Gerald sure did it his own style! and i love it!

I feel like i've been writing my biography after this story hahaha.... i will leave you guys hanging and wait another day or so for the next chapter.. heheh

Ta Ta!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

yay! i'm so excited to hear about all of your wedding plans as they progress and pretty soon you and maris will be the ones giving me advice, lol!

yay for wedding blogging :)